This is day one of D Blog week...
All my favorite peeps throughout the blogosphere are coming together and posting the entire week on a chosen set of topics.
Today is: Find a friend. Introduce us to a blog you love!
But I can't do it. I can't choose just one person, (or 2 or 3 or 4.) That would require making a decision, and I am really sucky making these "decision" things these days. Maybe it's my inner don't-want-to-disappoint-anyone copping out...but every blog is amazing, and has so much value! Above is a tab that says, "More Sweet Peeps." Click it and transport yourself into blogger heaven baby!
I'm going for the wild card today! 'Cause I'm super rebellious WILD like that!! The Wildcard is: Something Good to Eat. Share a favorite recipe with us.
Yesterday was Mothers Day. I was spoiled. Not shockaprising to say the least.
I got an ipad, because yeah...I'm not online enough. I got beautiful homemade cards and pictures, and even a box full of love and adoration from my 14 year old J.
But the bestest part...was breakfast.
Ryan always cooks the most amazing breakfasts. This is what mine looked like yesterday:
I know...WOWZA! And it tasted even better, if you can imagine.
So today I'm going to share Ryan's secret, on how to poach an egg.
1) Get a big pot, like about a 10"-12" pot and fill it up with 4 to 5 inches of water.
2) Add about 1 Tablespoon of White Vinegar into the water.
3) Bring it to a light boil.
4) Crack an egg in a small bowl or cup. Crack another one in another small bowl or cup.
5) Take a spoon and make a whirlpool in the water. Going around in circles with the spoon.
6) As soon as you pull the spoon out, gently pour/drop in one egg in at a time, try to leave space between the two. Ideally the eggs will turn around and the whites will fold over the yolks.
7) Set the timer for three minutes. No more stirring. Just wait.
8) When the timer goes off, scoop them out with a slotted spoon.
An English Muffin. A poached egg. A little hollandaise sauce. A slice of Canadian bacon that has been fried. And if you are like us...maybe a little avocado or asparagus on top. All topped with a sprinkle of paprika.
I have to admit, it tastes even better when you have someone else doing the clean up!
(Told you it was a rockin' Mothers Day!)
This wraps up day 1 of D Blog Week! PHEW! Just under the wire! Thank you Karen for all your hard work making this happen! Want to sign up? It isn't too late! Sign up HERE.