Sunday, May 16, 2010
Imagining an end to Our Diabetic Life.
Today is the last day of Diabetes Blog Week. I had a lot of fun writing this week...I am overwhelmingly touched by the comments and support that I have received the entire week through.
For the last post of the week, we were asked to imagine a cure.
So without further ado, I give you a list of things I would do on our first day without diabetes…in no particular order.
* I would go out on our front porch and laugh. You know that evil villain maniacal laugh…that goes on and on and on and on. The kind that is loud and comes from your very soul, and then begins to trail off, but then comes back so forceful that it takes everyone off guard…ya, THAT kind of laugh. For like an hour.
* We would go out to eat at the all you can eat Chinese buffet and I would say, “Orange juices all around!!!”
* I would go to the pharmacy and tell the pharmacist that I have an important message for him, and then I would lean in very secretive like, like really close to his face and stick out my tongue and give the biggest, fattest raspberry right in his face, with the greatest force I could muster, and then walk out not saying another word.
* I would take the kids on a day trip, and not take ONE THING WITH ME.
* I would call all the parents at my boys school and ask them to have my boys overnight…and to the water park…and rafting…and to their cabin in Tahoe, and all the other things my boys weren’t invited to because they were nervous having over a diabetic child.
* I would have a brain scan to make sure there wasn’t any permanent damage from the swelling of my brain.
* I would throw away all of our diabetic supplies and actually put linens in my linen closet.
* We would have breakfast at 10, lunch at 2 and dinner at 8.
* I would give Lawton a big fat hot dog for a treat, just because I love him…not because he alerted.
* We would go to the beach and spin in circles until we threw up. And let each kid pick out their own bag of salt water taffy.
* We would end the day having a party. We would invite every person we knew, and kinda know…and never knew. And it would be big…and long…and loud. I would make sure it was the best night of my boys’ lives.
* And after it all, before we went to bed, we would all kneel down in family prayer…and thank the good Lord for the most amazing blessing ever. And pray for cures for the other devastating diseases that are ravaging families around the world.
* We would then all go to bed, and I would effortlessly break the World’s Record for most hours sleep in one stretch.
And when I finally do wake up, I would hug my boys, and then sit down to write the first post to my new blog…Our Un-Diabetic Life.