Joanne left a comment on my last post that I need to cheer myself on once in awhile. And you know what…she is completely right. Below please find a list of my most redeeming qualities.
1) I like turtles and owls…at a distance. Come on! That is endearing, in a completely random kind of way.
2) I like eating. I am willing to go out to eat at any given time. I am the perfect lunch date.
3) I love my family. I will fiercely protect them in any situation.
4) I love my friends. I will always do what I can to help if ever I am needed.
5) I drive on fieldtrips even when I don’t want to.
6) I will make you cookies at 9 at night if you get a hankerin’
7) My kids never wear dirty socks or underwear to school.
8) I love to laugh. A date to a comedy club rocks in my book.
8.5) I gag easily. Some people think this is entertaining.
9) I make the most awesome pot roast ever. (I only made it once, but man, it rocked.)
10) I will comment on you blog even if I don’t know what I am talking about. And let’s face it, Comments=Love
11) I will always give you a second chance; unless you are in the car in front of me in traffic and you’re driving like an idiot…then you’re on your own.
12) 9 out of 10 times I’ll bolus correctly for Chinese food.
13) I like to play games. (Mostly because I usually win.) Hence, I don’t like playing with my husband, because he always wins. (Unless we’re partners.)
14) I will drop everything and go shopping with you anytime.
15) I don’t like mean people.
16) I’ll split a meal with you if you’re not that hungry. I will also split two meals with you if you want to try 2 different things.
17) If we have a date to meet, I’ll probably be early.
18) I laugh at commercials and cry when I listen to the radio.
19) If you need me to, I’ll pray for you every day.
20) I like country, alternative, top 20, religious and R&B music. I think this shows I’m flexible.
21) I’m not a quitter.
22) I know that a bean burrito with sour cream at Taco Bell is 56 carbs.
23) I have an opinion about almost everything, but I accept the fact that my opinion isn’t always right.
24) I think people getting hurt is funny. Hence my affinity for Funniest Home Videos.
25) When I clean, I clean right, or I don’t clean at all.
26) I won’t tell you gross stories while you are eating. I am polite that way.
27) If a doctor is being stupid, and doesn’t know anything about diabetes while they pretend they do, I will tell them so.
28) I will stay on the phone for hours to fix a problem with a bill or a service. I’m a fighter.
29) I don’t let my kids watch Yo Gabba Gabba or Courage the Cowardly Dog.
30) I am honest.
I am glad I am me! (That is how my 2nd grader had to end his essay about himself when he was ‘star of the week’ at school. So I’m ending mine this way too. It’s kinda’ like self affirmation- like Stewart Smalley on Saturday Night Live. “Your good enough, you’re smart enough, and doggone it! People really like you!”)